Monday, April 16, 2012

Featured Artist Of The Week x LUX PACK



http://luxpack.bandcamp.com




Yo, I've been following @jesusxdon on twitter for a minute now. Not only because he's a real hip-hip head but he's simultaneously a good rapper. He's not the ordinary "twitter rapper" -- categorizing him to that label would be an insult. Him and two other rappers create LUX PACK and they're revitalizing underground hip-hip with every single and EP they drop.

Je$us, Mialo, and Megaman are the member's name and the production from Ganjatechi coordinate so well. The beats sound like oldschool rap. Not the Kurtis Blow b-ball joint, but like the Tribe Called Quest era. The tracks are sometimes metabolized with skits from your favorite hood movie although they don't rap like 2 Chainz and every other repetitive rapper that's relevant in the game. It's hard to compare because I can't like of anybody that's comparable at such young ages.

Their album art is "take time out my precious life just to upload them on the iTunes" worthy. Seems like it has a Kanye Good Fridays inspiration to it. Mialo definitely gets points for the Cowboy Bebop ep.

 cowboy bebop Cover Art

Some of them include beautiful looking women holding weapons. I would let her shoot me in the face.

devils Cover Art

According to their bandcamp account, they created these songs in the past (like 88-93 probably before they were born) and the release date says something like 2030. It shows what time frame their music is relative to and I think that's fucking awesome.

1988 Cover Art

Most of their tracks have no hooks but you don't really need to hear a catchy loop to keep your mind from wandering off into outer space because the lyrics are right there. With the right promotion, I see them being apart of the game. I'm currently trying to get this shit on CD so I can play it in my car. I highly recommend listening to Luxstory Ep (posted at the top). It's one of my favorites. I normally don't do this (and I know people say that all the time) but I seriously fuck with LUX PACK.


0 comments:

Post a Comment