Monday, February 20, 2012

Favorite Movies Of All Time

Seen Rotten Tomatoes' youtube page and saw that they ask actors/actresses what they're top 5 favorite movies are and got encouraged to steal they're idea. I'm 1000% sure Maury, that I will never be famous for acting so I decided to do my own rendition.. WARNING TO OLD PEOPLE I was NOT born in 1900 so you wont see your favorite black and white movie on my list. Another warning for black people, umm Paid In Full is not one of my favorite movies, nor is any other repetitive hood movie. Sorry in advance

5. Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

I know this seems kind of weird but everybody grew up watching cartoons and it would be blasphemous if I didn't show my respects to Tim Burton. I know every song on this movie word for word. As ugly as the characters were, it's still a beautiful and horrifying movie. The antagonizing villain Oogie Boogie is fucking creepy and gave me nightmares but I watched it everyday because Sally could take her body parts off and I found that sexy. Only women could do that in real life. To each is own, but I love this movie. If you never seen it, kill yourself momentarily after reading my blog.

4. Fight Club (1999)
To the guy looking like "what is this?" here's a question; what the fuck are you doing with your life? Fight Club is the SHIT in capital letters. All star cast includes Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, and the creepy looking Helena Bonham Carter. Edward Norton and Brad Pitt connects somewhere in this movie and becomes some radical fight club group who makes soap??? Sounds stupid but I think the personality of Brad Pitt's character Tyler Durden steals the show. Not to mention he has the abs of a fucking mythological god. 2 hrs and 19 minutes and the movie never lags. I don't want to give anything away but shit, who hasn't seen Fight Club? Edward was Tyler Durden the whole fucking time!!!

3. Catch Me If You Can (2002) 
To the right of the picture is the beautiful Jennifer Gardener who plays a model/prostitute and of course to the left is pretty boy Leo. In this 5 minute or less scene, Jennifer tries selling herself with a ridiculous price and he's such a con artist in this movie, she ends up paying him the money and doesn't even realize it. The whole movie is smart, funny, and even a little poignant. I felt so many different emotions watching this film and that's why I love it. It's directed by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks does a great job of playing the FBI agent chasing Leo through this whole movie. I have my share of favorite Dicaprio movies but this one takes the cake. Based on a true story, but it almost seems as impossible as Forest Gump. Playing the notorious Frank Abagnale Jr. he pretends to be a teacher, a doctor, a pilot, a lawyer, and even impersonates a FBI agent. He cashed over 2 million dollars in fake checks and even passed the BAR exam but here's the crazy part, he was only 16-19 doing this. This was such a beautiful story and I highly recommend it to whomever never had the pleasure of viewing it.

2. Lost In Translation (2003)
This is the type of movie that movie lovers adore and my girlfriend would hate. I absolutely love this movie! I am not the biggest fan of Bill Murray *waits* let me clarify white people, I wasn't doing crack in the 80's and I never seen anything other than Ghostbusters. Moving on, to fellas and bi curious women, do you remember the first time you fell in love with Scarlett Johansson? I do, and it was on this movie. Never before have I seen such out of thee ordinary kind of chemistry take place in Tokyo, Japan. Everything about this movie is beautiful. The setting, the screenplay, the on screen chemistry, etc etc. Both of them unhappily married find each other in Tokyo. He, an aging well known american actor dealing with a mid-life crisis. Her, well...she really doesn't do anything but follow her over compensating boyfriend around while she sits and loath in her hotel room. Once these two worlds meet, it's like love at first sight. Please see this cult classic. You would have to be inhuman not to like this.

1. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind (2003)
Have you ever hated someone you loved so bad that you wanted to erase them from your mind completely? Well apparently (on this movie) there is a solution for that. Kate Winslett plays Clementine, an wildflower kind of modern day hippy who changes her hair color a lot, acts on impulse and erases her boyfriend or ex boyfriend Joel Barish played by Jim Carey from her mind. After finding out, Joel gets the same treatment done to him and in the middle of the erasing, he starts to figure out how much he still loves her and jumps to hoops to prevent the process. I personally am not a fan of chick flicks but this is beyond peculiar and original. Comedy-dramas are my favorite movie genre because it brings a little light to a dark story. This is not your average Jim Carey movie nor your average Kate Winslett so its a double whammy. The reason I love this movie so much because I can cope with Joel Barish and I understood how meeting somebody as crazy, beautiful, and spontaneous as Clementine can be hard to adapt to. But in retrospect, those are the kind of women we're attracted to. So the realism really grasped me and I love everything about this story from beginning to the end. Even the soundtrack is great and trust me, that is something that I normally don't care about.

Here are some films that could of made the list:

Jerry Maguire, He Got Game, Collateral, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, 50/50, Up In The Air, The Aviator, Donnie Darko, Pulp Fiction, School Daze, The 25th Hour, Manchurian Candidate, LA Confidential

0 comments:

Post a Comment