Sunday, February 26, 2012

The "Twitter Circle" Mythology

Every now and then, someone brings up the topic of the mythological "twitter circle" and mentions my name. Honesty hour, I didn't have shit to do with it! You're telling me I'm the reason your friends with other people on twitter? Get the holy fuck out of here. Let me explain what happened and I'll let you decide...


RT @juju_89: rt if you think im ugly
Awhile ago, as friendships were already established and new troops were being recruited, I tweeted "yall just let anybody in the circle" which I guess people took it out of context. Now everybody's pondering. "who's in the circle?" "I am I in the twitter circle?" "Yall lame for having a circle" "I'm in an octagon" "I want to be in the circle" smh everybody on twitter has their people they talk to which includes real friends, new friends, and family. I had mines too and I just addressed something about MY followers. Whether you took it to the extreme that day is totally up to you. I did play along for a minute (which was a mistake) because my followers were acting like bitches because they weren't apart of something. That I am guilty of but as far as creating friendships and labeling it a "twitter circle", i am not. People were already friends before I even said something. Shit, I don't even follow 90% of yall. Most of the "twitter all stars" tweet the same shit and have the same opinions. 


ACCEPTING THE FACT THAT YOU'RE IN THE TWITTER CIRCLE AND SHUTTING THE FUCK UP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT

It's been over a year and it's new people and there's old people. That circle is pretty much inevitable and concrete as long as that circle of trust exist. As long as you have mutual friends and want apart of that gossip, you're pretty much in that circle. The funny thing is, nobody wants to be apart of something they're already apart of, which is amazing to me. They just hate the label because it makes them look "lame". Well newsflash, you're already lame. If you tweet all day for notoriety, it shows your true colors and what do you think society's perception of you is?  I'm not the one to judge and label, but the difference between me and you, I can accept who I am. 

SIGNS THAT YOU"RE IN THE TWITTER CIRCLE

#1 - 10   You hosted, you were nominated, or won a twitter award!!!!

In closing statements, I am not in the twitter circle. Did I create it? No. Did I have a part in labeling it? Yes. Do I care whether this twitter circle exist or not? Absolutely not. The people who scrutinize it, really want to be apart of it. Do what you do and embrace the fact that you're apart of the AV club and stop mentioning my name.

Thanks, Management


1 comments: