Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Late Review)



Release Date: December 20, 2011, Rated R, run time 2hrs 38mins


Cast: Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgard


Rotten Tomatoes: 89% of users liked it, 87% of critics liked it


Box Office: $203,309,763 worldwide




Without any prior knowledge of a Sweden show (or movie) or a book, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was momentarily postponed until further notice. Even with of the buzz, I'm still behind on 100's of movies. Finally taking time out of my busy schedule, I decided to give this movie my undivided attention and might I say it was worth it. This is the best movie I've seen all year.

This movie stars Daniel Craig, the newly replacement of 007, who trades his gadgets, his kick ass skills, and his playboy persona to be a detective journalist. He plays Mikael, who's offered a job to investigate a cold case that lead to a woman's disappearance 40 years ago. There's also a crazy serial killer involved who kills women with biblical names. He teams up with this strange peculiar woman with a troubled past, Lisabeth Salander (Rooney Mara) who's very efficient at hacking into computers and analyzing all of their personal data. Together they are like Bruce Wayne and Batgirl but Rooney easily steals this movie.


If you couldn't tell by now, Rooney Mara is the girl with dragon tattoo. She has piercings, bleached eyebrows, wears all black, and drives a motorcycle (my kind of girl). She's hot, can kick ass, and bisexual? This movie is really built around her character but it's not the main point of the story. Other than researching background information on Mikael, they have absolutely no connection until 1 hour and 10 minutes into the movie. Before then, she seems to be battling with demons and unable to get in possession of her money without showing some change and sobriety. When she's couldn't convince her accountant/attorney (or whoever this guy is) she has no choice but to be forced into his sexual fetishes. Attention ladies, there is a graphic rape seen in here. Also some cool nudity for the fellas. Took her two and a half months to get this role and I think she was the right one for the job. If you ask me, I think she got snubbed at the Oscars and deserves some kind of award for this performance.    


I've read reviews and people like to compare this piece to The Da Vinci Code. I think it's like The Da Vinci Code meets Zodiac which is another mystery movie I love. They push the envelope and is predictable in a good way. It's hard to explain but a lot of movies wouldn't let certain things that transpired in this movie, happen. Without giving anything away, I'm just going to leave it at that and I highly recommend that you see this movie. Just came out on DVD/Blu-Ray but if you're broke like me, I have a link for you. It's actually that good that you might end up getting it anyway. 


 
I RATE THIS MOVIE 9.5/10 **********


0 comments:

Post a Comment