Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Project X (Link & Review)

Cast: Thomas Mann, Oliver Cooper, Jonathan Daniel Brown 


Rotten Tomatoes: 25% of critics liked it, 73% of users liked it


Box Office: $21,051,363 first week

Rated R (running time 1hr. 27 min)


WARNING SPOILER ALERT I guess you can call this a Pyrrhic victory. How far are you willing to go to throW the biggest party in high school? Project X pushes the limits while purposely or accidentally being synonymous to Superbad. This movie stars three unknown actors playing three unknown kids in high school plotting to throw a birthday party adequate enough to be cool. One of the kids goes beyond and above to inviting people like putting his address on Craigslist and even calling radio stations. The movie gets straight to the point in 20 minutes or less and it gradually turns into chaos.

Unlike the other shaky hand held camera kinda of movies, nobody dies (i could be wrong) and it's not a horror movie. Seems like it works best for this kinda movie. That's really the only good thing I have to say about this film.

I don't remember laughing more than twice so I went back to check if this was a comedy or not. Unfortunately for the movie, it was and that made me laugh. The only funny parts were the constant fat jokes made about one of the characters. The guy who has a "blackcent" seems to be Jonah Hill from Superbad and I'm sure you're shrewd enough to find out who the others are. It was a total rip off of "Can't Hardly Wait". At some point, a guy gets a hold of a flamethrower (without a big enough motive) and burns the entire movie set up. I'm watching a backyard party of Jackass for 40 minutes and it doesn't work. Somehow a midget got invited and he counterattacks with a preemptive strike every time he feels threatened. Midgets were never funny to me, I'm sorry.

I didn't hate this movie I just hated watching it. Yeah it was cool and some bitches with small titties got naked in the pool and everybody was on drugs and alcohol and the guy got lucky almost twice and ended up with the girl at the end. Cool story, but I wasn't there and we heard it before a million times. That fact that 73% users enjoyed this film is why I never let a friend or non movie critic effect my judgement. I suggest that you bootleg it or click on my link.

I Rate This Movie (3/10) **********

0 comments:

Post a Comment