Monday, March 19, 2012

Odd Future - The OF Tape Vol. 2 (Leak, Link, Download, & Review)

OFWGK†∆
ODD FUTURE - THE OF TAPE VOL. 2 

UPDATED 4-17-12
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7115072/Odd_Future_-_The_Of_Tape__Vol._2_(Official_Release)_

I don't listen to music like I used to but OF (Odd Future) seems to be one of the few artists that I look forward to. Mellowhype, The Internet, Domo Genesis, Taco, Mike G, Jasper Dolphin, Frank Ocean, Earl Sweatshirt, and of course Tyler, The Creator all feature on this album and prove they're not just a fad. Odd Future is here to stay for a while whether you like it or not.

This is the best music I heard in a while, maybe because I'm not really checking for music anymore but whatever. Only thing I didn't like was the Mike G song Forest Green (because he's trash in general) and Tyler really doesn't bring that eerie kind of enigma to the table. I also didn't like the We Got Bitches song with Taco and Jasper. I think they have the best position on the team because it's really effortless to make this ignorant misogynistic parody rap which I enjoy. They do it so satisfactory on this album that I don't even care for it anymore. It's nothing like Swag Me Out and Bitch Suck Dick.

Earl Sweatshirt is only on one song and he totally tears it apart. Hodgy Beats is all over this tape and he has this back and forth track with Domo Genesis which is totally unlike him. The lyrics are crazy and I wasn't a fan of Domo until now. Mellowhype has one of the best songs on this album called "50" (I never understood the reasoning behind the numbers) but I can't tell if it's Hodgy or Left Brain yelling so aggressively over this beat.

Frank Ocean reminds me of Sarah from Da Band. He might be like his fellow members in Odd Future personality wise (i don't know) but his music is completely different. He features on a couple of songs but none is like his song "White" with no hook just his poetic lyrics. I go as far as calling Frank Ocean the re-inventor of r&b music which is a definitely a MUST to this dying genre.

Tyler, The Creator shows he's an underrated lyricist once again on this tape. Nobody would ever fully admit that because he's also a talented video director and producer. They fear him becoming a triple threat, same with Kanye but I digress. I'm really feeling the Sam (Is Dead) & Analog 2 track. I can't wait to play this album in my car. Available on iTunes March 20, 2012. 

MY RATING 9/10 **********  






0 comments:

Post a Comment